Revised September 16, 2009
America's Blood Centers collects information to better serve our member organizations, blood donors, and supporters. When we have a better picture of how people are using our Web site, we can improve the browsing experience for visitors.
The information we gather depends on the Web site involved and the portion of the Web site being visited. For password protected areas, we capture information including the username and the date, time, and/or length of the visit. In other areas, we record information that you affirmatively provide to us. For example, if you order materials from us (such as the My Blood, Your Blood educational videos) we need to record and/or store your personal information to help you receive the requested materials. In such cases, we also need to share such information on a limited basis with the third parties that help us process and deliver the order, such as providing your credit card information to the credit card processor or giving your address to the delivery company.
For general visitors to our Web sites, we use "cookies" and other tools to collect information about users' visits, such as which pages of the site are visited and for how long. Although some of the information collected may be linked to a specific IP address, we do not try to identify the person(s) using that IP address except for the very limited circumstances described herein. These cookies track only your visit to our Web site and do not capture other data about your Web usage.
If you want to be able to receive information from America's Blood Centers, you may provide your name and contact information to us through the Web site. By doing so, you consent to receive communications from America's Blood Centers or its members. We will not sell or rent your information to other marketers. Your personal information would only be disclosed to a third party (other than as described herein) upon a merger or reorganization between us and such a third party.
Our Web sites will occasionally have links to other Web sites that are not operated by America's Blood Centers. We are not responsible for the contents of those websites and have no control over what information they may or may not collect from you.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from visitors under the age of 13. If you are a parent and you discover that your child under the age of 13 provided personal information to us, please let us know and we will delete that information from our files.
America's Blood Centers
725 15th Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
Attention: Legal Department
Policy regarding financial contributions to The Foundation for America's Blood Centers
The Foundation for America's Blood Centers creates public education initiatives that increase awareness about the need and importance of volunteer blood donation.
Secure Site. The financial contributions site uses encryption and authentication standards to protect the confidentiality of Web transactions.
Shipping/Delivery Information. No goods or services are provided for your financial contribution. A confirmation receipt is produced upon making a financial contribution.
Refund/Return Policy. All financial contributions are final. Refunds and cancellations will be given at the discretion of the administration. An administration charge will be deducted from any refunds made in order to cover the cost of processing the financial contribution. If you believe that an error has been made in connection with your online donation, contact us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to work with you to correct any such error.
For more information about financial contributions to The Foundation America's Blood Centers, please contact:
The Foundation for America's Blood Centers
725 15th St NW Ste 700
Washington, DC 20005
America's Blood Centers respects the privacy of our members and clients. Accordingly, we have developed the following corporate policies with respect to members' and clients' confidential information.
2. America's Blood Centers will not without consent identify a specific member/client in any communications with third parties regarding exit interview rating results, internal trends, employee comments or incidents, but may from time to time relate such information without identifying the member/client by name or inference.
3. Aggregate Data. As part of its services, America's Blood Centers may aggregate statistical data from each member/client account and provide the aggregated data as benchmark statistics. America's Blood Centers may sell or publish aggregate data but may not identify the data with any individual member/client.
4. Member/Client Lists. America's Blood Centers does maintain and may, at its discretion, publish this list in whole or in part on the America's Blood Centers Web site and/or in marketing materials for prospective members/clients and media.
5. America's Blood Centers may discuss orally or in writing specific incidences of how its products or services helped improve a member/client's employee issues but America's Blood Centers will not, without consent, identify the name of the company/organization or individuals involved.
6. America's Blood Centers will, upon written request, provide a copy of the data stored in a member/client's America's Blood Centers' account, but will only release this data to an authorized member/client representative.
8. Notwithstanding anything in this Policy to the contrary, America's Blood Centers may disclose confidential information and link data to a particular member or client in the following limited circumstances:
A. We are compelled to do so by law or by an order of a court or governmental authority.
B. In order to cooperate with law enforcement authorities or governmental regulatory bodies.
C. As necessary to complete a transaction for you.
America's Blood Centers may, from time to time, amend this policy. If the policy is amended, the new policy will be posted on the America's Blood Centers' Web site.